How to Apply
START YOUR COSMOS APPLICATION TODAY
Rising 8th graders (will be in 9th grade in Fall 2022) through rising 11th graders (will be in 12th grade in Fall 2022) who reside within the state of California. Please contact the Statewide COSMOS office with questions about student residency status for application purposes. Students can attend COSMOS only once.
Dates and Deadlines: https://cosmos-ucop.ucdavis.edu/app/main/page/dates-deadlines
Fees and Tuition: https://cosmos-ucop.ucdavis.edu/app/main/page/fees-and-tuition
- Completed online application, including one personal statement;
- Two teacher recommendations recommended, though only one is required (STEM teachers preferred, others accepted)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded directly to the application prior to submission and should be created after 8:00 AM when the application opens. If admitted, official transcripts will be required.
- a. 8th and 9th graders must also submit a copy of their 7th and 8th grade report card
- Parent/guardian eSignature(s) in the parent portal
- Application fee ($30)–payable online with a credit card or check, see below for details
- Select one campus – Students can only apply to ONE COSMOS Campus; chosen clusters must be at the same campus.
- Select a First and Second Choice Cluster: Choosing more than one cluster may increase your chance for acceptance. Write compelling essays for both choices.
- Online Application Opens: January 11th, 2022 at 8:00 AM
- Online Application Closes: February 12th, 2022 at 5:00 PM – continues unsupported until 11:59pm
- Completed online application, parent/guardian signature(s), application fee ($30), financial aid application (optional) must be submitted electronically by February 12th, 2022.
- For application FAQs, please visit the COSMOS Statewide Site.
*All refunds exclude the $200 non-refundable deposit*
- Cancellation request received on or before May 13th, 2022, by 5:00 PM (PDT): 100% of remaining tuition paid
- Cancellation request received on or before May 20th, 2022, by 5:00 PM (PDT): 50% of remaining tuition paid
- Cancellation request received after 5:00 PM (PDT) on May 20th, 2022: NO REFUND
- Dismissal or voluntary departure from COSMOS program at any time: NO REFUND
- Cluster faculty review and choose admitted students based on information in the entire application and in comparison to other cluster applicants.
- Cluster prerequisites are a minimum requirement for consideration by cluster faculty.
- All essays are read, all applications reviewed. Faculty read to determine the applicant’s motivation and what they want out of their COSMOS experience.
- Teacher recommenders should be contacted early to ensure time for recommendation completion.
- Students should verify teachers have received their emailed link and completed their recommendation.
- The application does not need to be completed for the link to be sent to teachers.
- Student Activities – Extracurricular activities surrounding math and science fairs, Math Olympiad, robotics competitions, student leadership positions, etc.
Educational Partnership Center
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
- Unofficial electronic transcripts accepted via online submission by February 12th, 2022. (Transcripts must be generated after the date the application opens)
- Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance by April 15th, 2022. Must be postmarked to the mailing address above.
- Official transcripts are also be accepted via e-mail, but must be sent by a school official from their school e-mail address to email@example.com
COSMOS-Statewide Cashier’s Office
University of California
PO Box 989062
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9062
- Make a check or money order payable to “UC Regents” (not COSMOS).
- Please note on the check or money order the Applicant’s name and the campus they are applying to (i.e. Jane Doe, COSMOS UCSC).
- Online payment is available, however, service fees will apply.
230 Physical Sciences
& Engineering Library
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8596
- See COSMOS Statewide’s Financial Aid tab for more information.
Financial aid, up to the amount of the full tuition, is available for qualified students. For more information, please visit the COSMOS Statewide website.
January 11th, 2022
- Application opens
February 12th, 2022
- Application Closes (11:59PM, unsupported after 5:00PM PST)
- Teacher Recommendation (2 recommended, 1 required to move forward)
- Parent/Guardian Electronic Signature (completed in the parent/guardian portal)
- $30 Application Fee Postmark Deadline (online payment available, however, service fees will apply)
- Unofficial Transcripts Deadline (upload online with application)
- Financial Aid Online Application & Supporting Documents Postmark Deadline (if applicable)
April 1st, 2022
- Admission Decisions Posted (5:00PM PST)
April 15th, 2022
- Acceptance and $200 Deposit (11:59PM PST, unsupported after 5PM PST)
- Official Transcripts Deadline
May 6th, 2022
- Admitted Student Waivers Deadline
- $4,350 Remaining Tuition Due
July 10th, 2022
- COSMOS Opening Day
August 6th, 2022
- COSMOS Closing Day
- For more information, please view COSMOS Statewide’s Dates & Deadlines.